Friday, April 22, 2011

Ella is so sweet

Today Ella is 1 week and 1 day old.  She was born April 14th at 8:39 am via c-section.  She was 7 lbs and 7 oz and 20 inches long.  I was able to hold her right after they took her out and they were still doing the surgery.  She is such a beautiful little girl.  We stayed at the hospital for 3.5 days and 3 nights.  We had wonderful nurses and a really good experience.  I have been recovering really well; there is still a lot I can't do though.  Ella looks A LOT like her daddy.  She seems to have my hands and feet and possibly my eyes.  She is a really good baby.  She only cries when she is hungry or cold and wakes up about 2 times a night to eat.  The feedings can last up to or over an hour because she likes to fall asleep right away before she is full.  Todd is such a great daddy and Ella responds to his voice and touch.  He seems to calm her really well.  Todd had a "first" last night with her.  I have so much milk that I do pump and he was able to feed her last night.  I think the milk must have come out too fast for her and she spit up/threw up all the milk ALL over herself and her daddy.  If anyone knows Todd he was pretty disgusted.  We have some funny daddy stories already which with his permission I may post later.  I woke up yesterday morning laughing so hard at what he was doing that my mom came running in the room thinking I was crying. 
Speaking of my mom, she has been great.  She has stayed the night with us since Ella came home and has really helped out.  My parents are out of town this weekend, so tonight is the first night just the 3 of us.  Our friends and neighbors have brought us delicious meals at dinner time the last few days which has been awesome.
I hope to be able to post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment